Sunday, June 28, 2020

HASTA LA TARDE

Life or death, earth completes one turn every 24 hours. I knew that eventually Tuesday would inevitably become Wednesday and, sure enough, Wednesday broke hot and humid.

I also knew that no matter the result, I was going to get drunk Tuesday at Cobbleheads. Whether it was celebrating a victory or lamenting a defeat or just looking for any reason to imbibe copiously, by the evening's end I was in my cups.

No surprise, I awoke hungover about eight. I live next door to Denny's and crossed the parkinglot to eat a large breakfast. I have returned to my room where I have popped two Excedrins and a Xanax. I'm going to put classical music on my computer and sleep for several hours.

When I am in a more sober frame of mind, I will post extensively about the election on The McHale Report and Facebook. I will offer my own assessment of the three races.

I hope by that time the other bloggers will have published their commentaries although I fear El Rrun Rrun's Juan Montoya may be in worse shape than me because he had every reason to high-five until the wee hours of the morning. It would be a shame not to have my clean-up hitter in the lineup.

Writing is a beautiful thing. Regardless of the good or the bad, the ups or the downs, the successes or the failures, they all give you something fresh to write about. Hasta la tarde!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Today is Easter Sunday. I fixed bacon and eggs for Claudia and myself. We were going to sit on the back patio, but the morning sun was in a ...