Tuesday, August 18, 2020

DOC IS DRUNK

Unlike his good friend and fellow blogging ally Erasmo Castro, Dr. G.F. McHale-Scully is back on the streets of Portugal. Ed Stapleton, the publisher of The McHale Report's cousin as well as one of South Texas' most prominent lawyers, has worked his magic once again.

"We are still in limbo as to the procedure which both freed Dr. McHale-Scully and absolved him of public intoxication charges, but we can assert categorically that the respected writer and community leader will not be facing litigation," said Justo Leyes, The McHale Report's legal expert.

"It was all a misunderstanding between a cop who hated Trump looking for an Anglo-American scapegoat in order to unleash his anger," said Dr. McHale-Scully as he resumed his usual pedestrian life along the banks of the Mondego River in his "beloved" Coimbra.

"I want to thank Steve Clark at The Brownsville Herald, Juan Montoya at El Rrun Rrun, Jim Barton at The Brownsville Observer, Bobby Wightman-Cervantes at The Brownsville Voice as well as my many other friends and associates in the mainstream press and the blogosphere for not jumping the gun and sensationalizing a story in order to please the likes of a Terry Ray or a Jim Tipton who want to see all alternative journalists' reputations tarnished so their diabolical schemes and dastardly acts aren't revealed to the public.

"I have been buoyed over the last two days by the thousands of messages I have received from my extended family in my adopted home of Brownsville. It was very uplifting to discover that I am not surrounded by fair-weather friends who abandon one when the first hurricane is still 500 miles out in the gulf.

"As is readily observable in this photograph, I have resumed my bohemian lifestyle which includes in this case an ice-cold mug of Sangres beer and a plate of carne de porco a Alentejana accompanied with Serra de Estela cheese. As my longtime amigo Juan Montoya has traditionally asserted, the moment has no meaning without a brew more Arctic than a mother-in-law's heart.

"As to the recent setback suffered by my cousin Erasmo via a past marriage, he was miffed with me because I supported Otis Powers against him in the past election although I never directed any negative commentary against him because my efforts were directed to eliminating Carlos Elizondo from the BISD board.

"Our children have had some horrific role models, but Elizondo was out of control who felt that the law didn't apply to him and that the school district was his fiefdom and he operated in a figurative manner as if he were entitled to 'le droit du seigneur.'

"As I have mentioned in the past to compensate for my initial sympathy, I am endorsing Erasmo for reelection unless he should run against JP Jonathan Gracia. Then I will personally participate in his campaign because we need Cameron County officials who, unlike County Judge Eddie "Panocha Trevino, believe that their elected offices are full-time jobs. A drunk Erasmo is a far better choice than a sober Jonathan."

"We are happy to see that Dr. McHale-Scully is in good spirits," concluded Leyes. "Like Erasmo, he keeps a stiff upper-lip when it comes to transcending obstacles. He considers losses the building blocks to future triumphs."

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Today is Easter Sunday. I fixed bacon and eggs for Claudia and myself. We were going to sit on the back patio, but the morning sun was in a ...