Friday, March 5, 2021

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

                                                               I had a poem in my head 

I lost some time between 

last night and this morning. 

Since I have been writing 

for many years, 

I have dropped everything 

I was doing 

or rose from bed 

and jotted down the essence. 

Give me an outline 

and I can fill in the spaces. 

It was a short poem 

with an ironic twist, 

but I can't remember anything. 

I know that patiently going about my life 

I had hooked a good one, 

but it has escaped into the deep waters 

of my subconscious. 

Why didn't I get up? 

Before hitting the sack, 

I took two milligrams of Xanax, 

chewed on a Melatonin gummy 

and gulped a shot of NyQuil. 

In the fog of my grogginess 

my vision most probably faded 

into the white mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MOTHER'S DAY!!!

Today is Easter Sunday. I fixed bacon and eggs for Claudia and myself. We were going to sit on the back patio, but the morning sun was in a ...