And I thought the summer had arrived forever as I trudged through the heat yesterday.
What did we do to deserve such a cool day?
Was God congratulating us for not wiping our asses with our hands?
We are a stupid people.
Maybe we need a benevolent dictator because we can't think for ourselves.
Isn't God a benevolent dictator?
Trump proved that hollow heads swivel upon our slumping shoulders.
And won't he and his horseflies come buzzing around our noggins again?
Are these nuisances God's way of reminding us about the consequences of bad decisions?
I'm not going to surf the net today.
I'm not going to read the newspapers today.
I'm not going to watch television today.
I don't want to hear the bad news.
I don't want to hear about murders.
I don't want to hear about diseases.
I don't want to hear about wars.
Serve me a cold beer.
Tell me I have nothing to fear.
Say that you will always be near.
The cool weather is here.
Sit down beside me, dear.
For those who are gone let us share a tear.
And we will give our Creator thanks for this moment of good cheer.
No comments:
Post a Comment