Why does Juan "El Muckraker" Montoya publish El Rrun Rrun? Why does Bobby "The Unbought Blogger" Wightman-Cervantes publish the Brownsville Voice? Why does Jim "Balls" Barton publish Mean Mister Brownsville? Why does /DP-M publish The Brownsville Republic. Why do I publish The McHale Report? Because we're cursed!
A superior being relegated us to keeping Brownsville accountable. This is not a high calling. Do you think we enjoy covering the likes of Eddie "Little Hands" Trevino and the rest of these ingrates cluttering our minds?
We should be writing poetry, short stories, novels. Instead, we occupy the lowly rank of The Brownsville Herald of the blogs.
I remember sitting in a Tampico bar and a man took a seat next to me and said that if I ever wanted a teaching job, Brownsville was desperate for applicants. Why didn't he say New York City or Miami? Because this superior being had a much smaller vision for me.
Am I complaining? No. I have the runoffs to amuse myself. I'll write my early predictions based on the latest South Texas Independent Journalists Association poll. And there will be an article or two about a candidate or two.
With Springbreak behind us and summer on the horizon, the time is right for some free-flowing bullshit. Perhaps I'll finally discover my genius. More likely, I'll find myself writing more and more about the November elections.
When a superior being condemns you to hard labor, there's not much you can do but accept your sentence.
Saturday, July 4, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Today is Easter Sunday. I fixed bacon and eggs for Claudia and myself. We were going to sit on the back patio, but the morning sun was in a ...
-
John "Weed" Reed is a disgrace. Maybe Julio GraƱa is Jesus blessing us with his grace. Reed brings nothing but hate to th...
-
Today is Easter Sunday. I fixed bacon and eggs for Claudia and myself. We were going to sit on the back patio, but the morning sun was in a ...
-
The McHale Report staff gathered at The Library for Happy Hour. It's a sad downtown these days, but there are warriors who will fight fo...
No comments:
Post a Comment